📝 Blogroll: Share your blog posts!

Old school internet commentary post: Internet commentary – Manu

I had random thoughts I wanted to dump somewhere and this is why blogs exist.

1 Like

Thanks for the link.

I’m not even entirely sure how to take the WP drama! Pretty high stakes being banned from wordpress.org if your entire business relies on it! wild!

1 Like

Such a bizarre situation but I don’t care about the end result so I’m enjoying the drama.

1 Like

While I don’t use WordPress to build my personal websites, I am working as a WordPress developer now, so I would be lying if I said I don’t have any concern about how this drama will affect the WordPress scene.

1 Like

i feel honored! i’m glad my post inspired you!

I’ve got a new blog post up about my thoughts and process while illustrating a book cover.

3 Likes

blogging is very new to me and I hope to get better with time. But this was something I found myself wanting to share but with nowhere to put it, so a blog was started:

Does touch on anxiety a bit, and also has spoilers for the show Halt and Catch Fire

6 Likes

Congratulations on successfully setting up a blog and installing Chyrp Lite! :purple_heart:

2 Likes

I dropped a few posts this week:

There are also a few days left if you wanted to do the September 2024 IndieWeb carnival. I’m hosting this month, and it’s kinda dark, but I’ll accept posts through October 4th.

I’ll go ask my therapist if I have ADHD. Eventually.

4 Likes

The Weekly Wrap Up is posted! I’ve got 4 links to cool things at the top, talk about being a meat-eater while trying to keep the welfare of what I’m eating in mind, found some cool DVDs to add to my collection, watched a lot of YouTube (another cool link in that section) and got a new book.

2 Likes

A couple more new posts.

This post was inspired by Kev Quirk and a recent encounter I had with local police; a cop had driven past while I was trying to get back into my own house because I had locked my keys inside.

I’m hoping to get a few more submissions for the September 2024 IndieWeb carnival, and am accepting them until Friday, October 4.

2 Likes

I’m drafting something for this and should have it submitted before the cutoff.

1 Like

A post reflecting on my constant need to be busy, and how that has changed. As well as what it did to me over the course of my former career.

Discusses ADHD and some of the affects it has on someone if not diagnosed or untreated

5 Likes

Wrote down a few thoughts about a bunch of posts I read recently: On personal websites and social web – Manu

5 Likes

I read a manual called Culture Matters that was unexpectedly enlightening. I finally got my polished book notes/summary up today.

It’s a workbook for those who are immersed in a different culture to understand their cross-cultural experience. Even if that’s not you, it was a useful journey in cultural self-awareness. I feel like I can now peek behind the curtain and understand, at least partially, why people do what they do and believe what they believe. Give it a read if you’re disproportionately intrigued by the idea that you can put a wildly abstract, intangible concept onto paper and study it at your desk.

2 Likes

I umm forgot to send this blog post here, I finished it this morning. Lately I haven’t been feeling great about making sites, but rather than complain I made a blog post reflecting on the ups and downs, what I think is going wrong and what changes I may need to make about my attitude.

Discontentment and Starting Over

3 Likes

Dammit, Manu, now you’ve got me writing about this. /s

(I know I’m not obligated to have an opinion, but nevertheless I’ve got one despite myself)

2 Likes

Emailed you through mine’s there.

Thanks, @Frankie. I’ve been reading it.