šŸ“ Blogroll: Share your blog posts!

Ah fantastic! I love reading peopleā€™s weeknotes but wasnā€™t sure if anyone was posting them. Really cool manuscript maker, that was fun. My much less fun weeknotes went up yesterday!

2 Likes

The manuscript maker is such a great idea! I especially like the farting dude included with the image.s

1 Like

Person starts blog, wants to write more, gets bogged down with unimportant details. Sounds familiar? lol

https://pboivin.ca/journal/off-and-on-again

Iā€™m doing my own version of CSS Naked Day this week, in an attempt to get out of my head and get back to writing a bit more. Very much inspired by @eladnarraā€™s aside on having a plain website. Thank you :)

3 Likes

I love it, yo. Iā€™m remaking my site in the exact same way, completely disregarding CSS and I think itā€™s wonderful for reflection on whatā€™s truly important.

Clarification: My remade site will have CSS, but Iā€™m designing it first without.

4 Likes

I guess thatā€™s why I havenā€™t heard from you about the ā€œPower Underneath Despairā€ post you said youā€™d write? No big deal if you donā€™t make it, though, and I hope youā€™re having fun with the rebuild.

In the meantime, I spent last weekend writing a monster post (itā€™s over 9,000 words long) dealing with variations on a theme inspired by @xandraā€™s ā€œchildfree.txtā€ post and pronatalist rhetoric by white supremacists running for office in the US as members of a party that originally stood against white supremacy.

Itā€™s not the ā€œchildless cat ladiesā€ Vance and his ilk should fear, but the psycho cat daddies who love them.

3 Likes

Keeping me in check I see! Iā€™ll have you know good sir, that Iā€™m slow in everything I do, not just writing. But with writing in particular Iā€™m- Well, letā€™s just say: I sign up for all these festivals and carnivals and code jams and what nots for a reason, alright? Pressure does me good, for the most part. I actually talk about that in the post, itā€™s like- Ah-ahhh!

1 Like

Oh, youā€™re welcome! Iā€™m glad it helped inspire you~ :blush::purple_heart:

Itā€™s definitely been good for me to focus on (mostly) HTML so far; I was able to drive into blogging and even a code jam because Iā€™d finally got something online. Hopefully Iā€™ll be ready to start working on CSS soon, but the simplicity has grown on me and Iā€™m sure itā€™ll influence whatever design I settle on.

2 Likes

Sometimes itā€™s fun to post short comments of what I see happening online: It should be easy to say ā€œMy bad, I was wrongā€ ā€“ Manu

1 Like

I just graduated and am Having A Time.

8 Likes

I wrote up a post about making cheap printmaking materials, with a little bit of how-to info included:
https://www.thefrugalgamer.net/blog/2024/09/23/making-foam-stamps-out-of-cheap-materials/

3 Likes

Based. I enjoyed that a lot, thank you for writing it.

2 Likes

Not that it will make your situation any better but a friend of mine recently wrote this: On Design Industry Application Processes - Carl Barenbrug

3 Likes

Good rant though and Iā€™m sure your Tinder profile is great :heart:

3 Likes

I really identified with this, Iā€™m not in tech but Iā€™m trying to change jobs atm, applying to like 20 a day and receiving nothing back is incredibly disheartening.

Not going to lie it sounds like youā€™ve dodged some big bullets so far, 50 minute propaganda video before you even get an interview, are they looking for an employee or a new cult member?

2 Likes

I wrote a blog entry about wanting to show my website to people, so here it is

I also wrote a couple super melodramatic posts about running & moving soon

2 Likes

i want to do these myself. i hesitateā€¦

The trick is to assume nobody reads your blog and stop caring. Thatā€™s what I do.

3 Likes

Whatā€™s stopping ya, man?

Pretty much this frame of mind ;)

Iā€™m going to give it a go shortly, watch this space

1 Like
1 Like