šŸ“ Blogroll: Share your blog posts!

Just donā€™t quit the web. Iā€™d miss your writing.

Thanks. I might fall silent for a time, but I donā€™t think Iā€™ll outright quit the web.

Iā€™m thinking of going on hiatus in November and December, though. I want to reorganize my site a bit.

2 Likes

aw man! november is my indieweb blog carnival month! :laughing:

1 Like

Iā€™ll probably still be writing, but not in the git branch for the current version of my website. But I can always switch to that branch to do a post if the theme appeals; there are a few months that I skipped because I just wasnā€™t feeling it.

1 Like

Iā€™m totally not a fan of the dev dev blogs where everything is a technical post. I love the blogs that have those sprinkled in.

I enjoy sharing a technical post, these arenā€™t for the sake of being technical but sharing something that Iā€™ve achieved and figure others will find helpful.

I have been trying to get back in the swing of more ā€œthis is what I did this weekendā€ type posts. That used to be all I wrote about.

One exception are the blogs that have a single post about how they setup their blog. I think this is a great idea for a new directoryā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure it itā€™s me getting older of things getting worse: Thoughts on the new iOS control centre ā€“ Manu

If one blogs about small bits of tech staff here and there itā€™s fine. Itā€™s just annoying to find endless blogs with devs only writing about dev tools and dev setups and dev workflows. ā€œHow to install library Xā€, ā€œHow to implement feature Yā€, ā€œHow to do Z in Pythonā€

And donā€™t get me wrong, itā€™s great that those exist and iā€™m sure are helpful to someone. Itā€™s just annoying to find so many of them.

2 Likes

Been trying to play more TTRPGs but all my friends are busy, so I played solo on Twitch and explained how I set everything up behind the scenes, including my interactive, on-screen digital dice roller: Lost Letters

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been getting increasingly frustrated with the direction Mozilla and Firefox have been going for a while, but the recent weather widget and AI integration was the final straw.

https://yequari.com/blog/2024/09/no-more-firefox/

4 Likes

A fairly basic post on my personal blog with a list of what Iā€™ve been watching lately. I havenā€™t blogged in about a month so really this is just to crack the silence. Iā€™ll keep ye posted about my Dog Day Afternoon afternoon.

3 Likes

itā€™s like on the gopher internet - half of the sites are about what a wonderful protocol gopher is and requests to visit again. constructive information - zero. something similar can be observed on the regular internet, but with frameworks, oh how wonderful bootstrap is (until you understand that 2 kilobytes of your code can replace it), all these things are boring to the point of losing your pulse. I want more ideas, clean code, more optimization, and interesting design solutions, not a plastic standard design but something native, from the heart and soul. I want human thoughts. but 90% of blogs are made for the sake of loot. and this is annoying. I have a very bad financial situation, but I will never allow myself to place ads on the site

1 Like

It is obnoxious, but this is what we get for telling developers that blogging will help them get (better) jobs.

1 Like

I think Iā€™m in the same boat now and Iā€™m generally looking for other kinds of content. But to be fair, dev blogs of the ā€œhow to do X with Y in Zā€ formula are pretty much what kept me afloat for the better part of my time as a beginner programmer. The fact that they exist and can be helpful seems more important to me than the notion there are too many of them.

1 Like

So today marks the first time I dedicated myself to making sites (aka the first time I ever made a site and posted it for everyone to see.)

Velvetā€™s site is officially a year old so whoop-de-doo. I just had a lot of thoughts since then, it was hard for me to look back and find the words to say about everything. I feel like I havenā€™t talked about everything I needed to, despite the fact I was yapping a lot. Anyways, hereā€™s to another year

A Whole Year of Making Sites

4 Likes

I have a couple of new blog posts up on my site.

This one is about me getting into tamagotchis,

and this one is about me diving into houseplant care.

3 Likes

Yes they do have a reason to exist. Itā€™s just annoying when those blogs are the overwhelming majority AND they donā€™t have other non-dev content on it. Itā€™s just dev stuff all the way down.

1 Like

Unfortunately, the tech industry seems to attract people with a tendency toward monomaniacal obsession, and it shows in developersā€™ blogs. They live, breathe, eat, piss, and shit code. We donā€™t need to replace developer with AI; we already have techies doing their damnedest to make robots of themselves.

1 Like

What a cool thing to do! I liked all the pics but especially the Lego galaxy.

venting a bit about my frustration and happiness with being medicated while lamenting work accommodations: medicate.exe

3 Likes

I took last week off but Iā€™m back this week with the Weekly Wrap Up. Even if you have no desire to read the blog post, go check out the cool link I posted at the top of the entry. One of the people I follow made this awesome thing thatā€™s like a doll maker but for medieval manuscripts! Itā€™s so cool!

4 Likes