šŸš§ What did you do to your website today?

This looks sweeet, reminds me of NewsPro.cgi, PHPNews, and CutePHP of yonder!

Today I shared a template on my free stuff page and the other day I made my updates page look a little more like a news site!

I finally finished my @mentions system so that correspondents can set their notification preferences. It was spamming people I mentioned every time I fixed a typo before. Now it only sends out a maximum of 4 e-mails per day.

https://devastatia.com/mention-notification-preferences

1 Like

Not really a website update. Iā€™m still under site hiatus, I donā€™t really feel like updating my site just yet. But I did make a blog post, itā€™s more emotionally charged, but I hope it spreads a bit of positivity somehow

https://velvet-boutique.neocities.org/blog/posts/2024-02-17-The-Importance-Of-Good-Faith-Online

7 Likes

I updated my Now page (cause last time I did was July '23; yikes!).

AND I updated my Online Communities page (cause of the 32-Bit Cafe).

5 Likes

I added some thoughts about writing and digital relationships inspired by the indieweb carnival for Feb.

5 Likes

Added some content on existing posts/notes mostly. Made some small CSS and design tweaks. Have a ton on my to do list though.

I do a decent job noting what changed on my site day to day in my changelog

2 Likes

I made a blog post about the best purchases Iā€™ve ever made. It lists exactly what you think it does.

5 Likes

today i made two new articles and updated my site a bit, which is kind of the reason iā€™ve finally made an account here:

3 Likes

Today I wrote, as I have done every day for the last 24 days. Doing my best to establish a daily writing habit. Not all of what I write will end up published on my blog, or at all, but I try to err on the side of publishing.

Other than that, I did some tinkering on the dark mode CSS to get that looking the way I want. And I shared a link and a note.

3 Likes

today I implemented blog post :heart: reacts thanks to tinylytics (much love to the ever-inspiring @frills for pointing me their way). I wanted something akin to the ā€œtoast this postā€ interaction of bearblog that doesnā€™t require folks to post on fedi for webmentioning

5 Likes

today i put together my siteā€™s free stuff hub! the layouts page already existed, but the graphics and code snippets pages are totally new.

4 Likes

I set up an Oekaki just to see if I could.

1 Like

Just pushed 500+ changes. A bit of visual tweaks, lots of background changes. Now I can start on the homepage overhaulā€¦

https://flamedfury.com/

Feed is broken atm - back soonā€¦

5 Likes

I left a reaction on your most recent post. Thanks for sharing! I definitely prefer outside running, but winters can be brutal around here and my treadmill has kept me sane during literal dark days for years now. So treadmill high-five!

The only thing I did today was bumping up a few font sizes, and adding a bit of extra space in a few link list. Just to make it slightly more comfortable on mobile. Oh and I wrote an hour this morning, about that time in my period when I tried (but failed) to start smoking cigarettes.

3 Likes

I made a little 88x31 button for nameless monster. You can see it on the homepage.

1 Like

I updated my links page with some of my bookmarks

2 Likes

Page with the links to the mirrors of my website, in case I die and the domain name expires or something.

1 Like

Oh huh, didnā€™t know you can force an Open Graph preview by putting the link in a separate paragraph.

1 Like

Iā€™m tinkering on a redesign inspired by 2006/2007 Disney web design and other contemporaneous design.

11 Likes