Websites are like bridges

What kind of bridge is your website? What is it made of?

I haven’t decided what my bridge looks like, but there are manatees swimming under it.

5 Likes

That’s a good, thoughtful list. So long as a website has one outbound link it acts as a bridge of sorts.

And, I suppose, even a website without a single outbound link can act as a bridge of: ideas, thoughts, knowledge, arts, all those things that speak to the mind, heart and imagination are bridging something and creating connections.

3 Likes

neat concept. i think out of the options listed, my site is an organic bridge. ideas for links and pages are spur of the moment, and occur completely naturally. not sure what the material would be, but i could imagine it as a log bridge, with fungi and moss growing atop it. it functions in a similar way too, allowing creatures of all different walks of life to travel.

1 Like

I love this post, I actually keep a link to it on the footer of my front page.

My bridge is humble and quiet. It is off the beaten path and doesn’t see much foot traffic. Still, it’s a lovely place, quiet aside from the crickets and birds calling, you can usually see ducks and herons in the distance, and there’s turtles & frogs by the water too. Lol

1 Like

What a lovely metaphor! I like the list, but I also knew what mine would be made of even before I’d read it: My bridge’s material would be a hodgepodge of different things that were thrifted from all over. There’s an old wooden door in there somewhere, and a lot of paint slapped over re-used materials. There are lots of more serious looking bridges that will take you to the same place, but mine’s a lot more fun :sillygoose:

2 Likes

It is seemingly nondescript. It looks like a bridge that one would find in any medium-sized town. But as you start to move along it, you notice that it is gradually inclining upwards. However, for some reason it doesn’t require any extra effort to go up the path no matter how steep it seems to get. Before you know it, the bridge is completely vertical. The birds and clouds in the sky have become the friendly twinkle of stars, until you look down and see that there is no longer a path beneath you. You are a ball of light gently drifting away from the earth into heaven.

2 Likes