Suntup Editions: Treasure Hunt Contest

So I’ve been into book collecting recently. It was one of the reasons I started the Bookshelf topic. I’ve been familiarizing myself with some of the higher-quality(?) / premium publishers like:

Suntup Editions is another, but I’ve found them particularly* pricey. I believe that’s evident in their recent ‘Of Mice & Men’ for $225 USD! And that’s their cheapest version of it, yikes! But, still, I found their releases cool to look at so I signed up for their newsletter anyways.

Enter the topic link. They’ve made, like, an Easter egg hunt across their website for the individual letters of a 3-word Latin phrase. You have to find the letters, puzzle out the phrase and submit your answer by Monday.

I think I figured it out, and really enjoyed the experience, so I wanted to share it here, in case any of you may also be interested. Really, the (unlikely) chance to win a ridiculously priced Suntup book(s) was the cherry on top of the fun I had.

2 Likes

Interesting challenge! I’ve got all the letters but the Latin is giving me trouble.

1 Like

Yoooo! You got ALL the letters? Bro, I only found 14 before YOLO-ing. I’d love to confirm if my 16 letters were correct…

But I wouldn’t want to ruin it for you. Consider giving this a gander:

Yeah, I actually should have prefaced that with “I used a shortcut” to find all the letters! I’m gonna try taking a swing at it again with that table in the morning!

1 Like

Don’t give up! Let me know!

I’ve been through that list twice by hand and also tried a computer assisted method! I’m starting to wonder if there is something else going on…

1 Like

I swear it’s on the list. But you’re not wrong… It also “isn’t”.

Lol, I could be wrong… But I don’t think so. DM the letters if you want me to double check, cause I submitted without having all 16.

Ominous. I’ll DM you and we can talk about it once I submit! I live for solving all manner of puzzles.

1 Like

I look forward to it! And no stress! I think they only accept (1) correct answer per person / email, so they’ll likely ignore wrong answers submitted; I think…

This is killing me. The phrase is three words? 16 letters with two spaces? In Latin? In one of those tables?

1 Like

Scratch that, I FOUND IT. I think. Finally! That was fun!

1 Like

Congratulations! And thank you, really, cause I wasn’t 100% without you!

To anyone else interested, there’s still time, a few days! And you got 2 willing helpers / assistants here, if you feel insecure! We got you!

1 Like

I saw this this post after first finding this community a few days ago, and since then it has eaten up a lot of my time. I was able to find all 16 letters (in part by inspecting the websites html) but have been really stumped about arranging them into a Latin phrase.

I’ve looked through the wikipedia page of phrases listed above to no avail unfortunately. Based on your comments about it being on this page but also not, I’d assume it’s not one of the directly listed phrases but maybe one that has been modified?

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated as this puzzle has been driving me up the wall.

2 Likes

So you’ve been working hard, huh?

1 Like