I made a new one guys! I think it’s got much more personality :grin:
v2

6 Likes

i’ve made a few so far!

for my main site: ribose static ribose animated ribozone

for my side project: calendula

and one for the cafe: 32bitty

4 Likes

I don’t even have a button for my website, but this thread with all these cool buttons has inspired me to make one. Tomorrow!

What software are y’all using to make buttons? I suppose running photoshop with a pirated s/n like it’s 2001 isn’t it these days!

3 Likes

i use the website photopea! it’s basically just photoshop but online and free lol

4 Likes

this sounds so silly since i use professional software elsewhere, but i use pixilart to make buttons, which i’m usually pixeling anyway, like my 88x31!

88x31

supposed to be the front of a museum with the big opening doors :sob: :heart:

there’s also these [1] makers [2], though.

4 Likes

I use Aseprite. Aseprite is OSS so you can compile it yourself for free, and costs about the price of 4 coca colas(Man… UK Inflation…) if you want to buy a constantly updated copy with binaries of it. It’s actually… a really good piece of software and I do the vast majority of my artwork, thumbnails etc in it.

Anyway, on topic, Here’s my button!
The design is heavily inspired by the Barry Lyndon Box Art.

3 Likes

Here is my button. I made the text and image overlay in Krita and then made the animated part in Kdenlive. button

4 Likes

How did you achieve the glossy look on the button? It looks fantastic.

it’s super simple! i did it using krita, but any image editor or art program that lets you use layers with blending modes can do it. it’s a very oldschool technique for making shiny forum userbars.

first i designed the button without the shine. then i made a new layer on top of the button and set the blending mode to overlay. to make the shape of the shiny highlight, i used krita’s circle tool to draw a white oval, positioned so that all you can see of it is the very bottom sliver, which makes that arc shape that defines the highlight. then i just brought down the opacity of the layer until the highlight looked “correct” to me.

you could stop there and it will look pretty much exactly the same as mine, but i also used some very subtle gradients just to give it a little extra dimension. thank you for the compliment :^D

4 Likes

Here’s my first 88x31

fine-ux-88x31

… and another one!
88x31-pixel-perfect

2 Likes

Here are my buttons!

Site: ABYSSALbtn leviathrenbutton
Made with Pixelorama

Other: ducktape
Made with Hekate’s button maker

5 Likes

I made my button with one of the button makers mentioned above:

button2

I really ought to actually make one by hand though, looking at how cool y’alls are!

2 Likes

Here’s a handful I made myself:

3 Likes

For whitevhs.xyz:
whiteVHS
whiteVHS|88x31 tape

For whitevhs.xyz/undo:
UNDO

For kaarbs.xyz:
KAARBS

For virtualgalleria.net:
VirtGal
VirtGal NoText

For cult9.xyz:
CULT9

5 Likes

I have some new graphics.

88x31
button

200x40
200x40

240x60 Lainch
240x60

5 Likes

I’ve got this for the new version of my site.

:metal: starbreaker.org :metal:

:metal: starbreaker.org :metal:

Second version is AVIF format for modern browsers. Tastes great, less filling.

1 Like

A fairly simple one for my site:

88x31-button

6 Likes

Here’s my button. I know there’s plenty of room for improvement, but I hadn’t had the time to design a new one.

button-fancy

3 Likes

This is fine.

I used a generator for mine.

here’s our button!! we should probably make a fancier one, but it’s nice and fits our site theme… and we have more important things to be doing, haha! also, if anyone wants to link buttons, please let us know! - j

1 Like