Requesting Feedback: saturn.town

i have a design refresh underway (again hehe), but i thought it would be good to get perspective from others, as i don’t think i’ve ever really asked for feedback on my page layout!

my website can be found here: https://saturn.town.

my specific questions are:

• how does the overall aesthetic read for you?
  • how can one incoporate elements of character, fictional place, worldbuilding, with the personal site of a person who is otherwise a real-world, ordinary person?
  • does hermit, as presented on https://saturn.town, read as a person or a character/caricature? how would you like to see this change, if at all?

areas i am already planning to address:

• increase page width from 660px to 960px
  • increase font size, line spacing, etc.
  • overhaul the “posts” page with better markup to show a short preview of the post
  • add certain elements of non-realism or unreality, worldbuilding, etc. this is not fully formed but i like the idea of having an area of the site be certain zones, districts, prefectures, landmarks etc., in fictional Saturn Town.

thank you for your consideration!

2 Likes

This was the first thing I noticed - crank that sucker up to at least 1.6rem :P

Yeah the stuff that youre already planning to fix is already address so I have no comment there

I would say maybe whats missing are webpages that aren’t just for blog posts, links, a brief introduction of you or what you’re planning to do with the site. I think what will spice it up are collections or info pages about a thing you love (let’s say for example, internet forums, talk about their history or what you like about then or anything)

Honestly if you want the character of hermit to shine through, maybe you can talk about the things you like or ffind interesting enough to put on your site

I agree with what people above me mentioned, you are on a very good track :smiley:

I personally found your site clean but not with out personality. Do you know how a bunch of mainstream sites all look the same sanitized way? Yours look clean but on a very good way, it feels minimalist but not simplistic, there’s a whole aesthetics there.

I couldn’t find the hermit you mentioned, maybe you already edited it or I just missed it altogether ^^;

Regarding your second question about incorporating fictional elements how about having a special section for them? Or if you want to have these characters say something on “real world” content of yours maybe some color-coded div/boxes with a lil picture of them and their speech? Like conversations on those vintage jrpg. You can keep these boxes color coded so when people see it they know what it’s about.

Example:

Today I ate an hamburguer. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nullam commodo lectus a ipsum pharetra aliquam. Aliquam erat volutpat. Quisque aliquam nec urna at dictum.

XYZ says: On my culture we don’t eat other animals unless they were blessed by the priestess.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nullam commodo lectus a ipsum pharetra aliquam. Aliquam erat volutpat. Quisque aliquam nec urna at dictum.

1 Like