Reccomended personal emails

I’m thinking of having a new personal e-mail for security purposes. I’ve thought of Cafe32 and Thunderbird, but I just found out that Protonmail isn’t the best thing to have if your security is one of your priorities.

Are there any email providers these days you recommend and worth trying out? Thank you for your time.

You may want to edit your post since as pointed out in the Discord server, Thunderbird is an email client, not an email provider.

Have you checked out Tuta? It is an email provider focusing on privacy and security, abd the free tier offers 1GB storage, though it does not support use of third-party email clients.

I’ve been using mailbox.org for over a decade now, though their history goes all the way back to 1989. No free tiers, starts at €1 a month, but you get (AFAICT) privacy, really good customer service, cloud storage, any email clients you want (Thunderbird and K-9 for me), high-bandwidth video conferencing, document collaboration - the works. I’m on the €9 a month tier (25GB email storage, 50GB cloud storage) and I don’t think I’ll ever leave. The Etherpad and videoconferencing means I always have a stable alternative to Google/Zoom garbage that I can throw out to friends and colleagues, really helps keep one out of that whole ecosystem.