Now lie in it. (XXIIVV)

https://wiki.xxiivv.com/site/now_lie_in_it.html

Autumn is just around the corner, and when the leaves begin to fall, it will have been four years since the early sketches of a personal computing system which became Uxn. I thought it would be interesting to look back and see what has happened since.

1 Like

Uxn is such a cool project, I recommend watching Devine’s talk at Strange Loop if you’re interested. I’ve been meaning to try writing some programs for it but haven’t had the chance yet :smiley:

1 Like

This talk was so inspiring for me, thanks for sharing! I first watched it around February and it really motivated me to brush up on my C programming. It’s not at all related to what Devine is doing with Uxn and the tooling around it, lol. I find I have a difficult time with esoteric programming languages and interestingly, the study of C brings me into a headspace not too far from permacomputing, thinking about the trends of contemporary computing and what we can do to improve it.

Yeah C is a good candidate for permacomputing because it does run on everything, though there is a lot of platform-specific behavior making C code not as portable as one might like. Chris Wellons has a lot of posts about writing C in a truly cross-platform way by avoiding the standard library entirely, which I find quite interesting even if it is a little over my head.