Cohost.org - our slides from XOXO 2024

1 Like

Oh, shit, you’re a member of Cohost staff? I’ve been in this community for ages, and I’ve had a Cohost account for ages, and I had no idea… Rad!

Also, love the examples of CSS crimes shown here. I’ve not used Cohost enough to see any of these before. So much fun stuff can be done in pure CSS!

2 Likes

oh gosh i’m so sorry—i am not! i’m just sharing their slides from XOXO, a festival i just attended.

totally agree though. love the idea of “css crimes!”

2 Likes

Lol oops, I’m silly! Got confused because one of the icons shown in the presentation showed a character similar to the one in your icon. Neat coincidences if nothing else!

1 Like

Hmm. I’m not a cohost user, and this presentation won’t load for me. However, I came across this thread about the site on mastodon from earlier this year (warning: discussion of NSFW/triggering topics). From the sounds of it, their business model & practices are pretty poor.

I’m not mentioning this out of spite - it just seems important for anyone considering signing up for the site. If their finances collapse, people’s posts could disappear pretty quickly.