story time for the century of tales time

Once upon a time in a small village nestled between rolling hills and a sparkling river, there lived a young weaver named Eliana. She had a talent for creating intricate patterns and designs in her woven fabrics, and her work was admired by everyone in the village.

One day, a wealthy merchant passing through the village saw Eliana’s beautiful creations and was struck by their unique beauty. He approached Eliana and offered her a deal: he would buy all her weavings at a high price and sell them in the city, making both of them rich beyond their dreams.

Eliana was tempted by the offer, imagining the wealth and recognition she could gain. However, she hesitated, unsure if she wanted her art to be commercialized and mass-produced. She sought advice from the village elder, a wise woman who had seen many seasons pass.

The elder listened to Eliana’s dilemma and then asked her a simple question: “What brings you joy in your craft?”

Eliana thought for a moment and replied, “The joy comes from weaving each thread with care and love, creating something unique that reflects my soul.”

The elder nodded knowingly and said, “Then follow your joy, for true wealth is found in doing what you love with passion and authenticity.”

Encouraged by the elder’s words, Eliana politely declined the merchant’s offer and continued to weave with love and dedication. Her reputation spread far and wide, and soon people from distant lands came to admire and purchase her creations. Eliana became renowned not just for her skill but also for her unwavering commitment to her art.

Years passed, and Eliana grew old, but her passion for weaving never faded. She passed down her knowledge to young apprentices, ensuring that her artistry would continue to flourish for generations to come. And in the quiet village, the sound of looms clicking and threads intertwining echoed the timeless story of a weaver who chose joy over wealth and found true fulfillment in her craft.

3 Likes

I’m gonna check and see if it will let me add the link to the blog post as a reply

And since that worked I am going to try again to include the source code link

Cool imageboard. I like imageboards in concept, but the conventional community associated with them has degenerated and (for a long time) been social engineered. I hope you develop a healthy community.

1 Like

yeah, I wrote a few things about this subject on the blog post and on the source code readme if you’re interested. To summarize though, the entire reason I picked this project up is I liked the idea of taking back imageboards.

Even if you think that there was never a time when imageboards were not relatively toxic (which is fair tbh), it’s at least apparent that in the last decade they have become complete cesspools beyond what we could have ever imagined, with only the most degenerate and politically extreme ideas coming from them.

I don’t think it has to be that way.

I think it’s possible to have a little bit of chaos and still know where to draw the line.

Take this post for instance:

I think if I remain friendly and welcoming, it will discourage others from being something else. The biggest problem with sites like Something Awful and 4chan has always been the admins. They allowed their community to go that direction.

1 Like

So… when I started this project, it was with the intent to revive the online culture of my youth, particularly on Something Awful. It started out as something I talked about with people on Discord servers, but I quickly realized that Discord users do not suddenly drop their Discord habit and become habitual forum checkers just because they like the sound of it.

So in an effort to share this project, I found myself venturing into multiple forum communities, with this just being one such. One of the forums I returned to was Something Awful itself. It was interesting to see that the thing that I thought was dead is still kicking, and for the most part seems a lot more mature than it used to be, at least in terms of not being a home of Internet thugs anymore.

I don’t really expect divchan to be a community at this point. It’s an elaborate guestbook and comment system for my site and I’m pretty okay with that.

The thing that I wanted to revive is actually still there.

3 Likes

That’s actually a really neat thing to have discovered, and I’m glad you got some good out of this project even if it didn’t work out the way you were expecting!

1 Like

The great thing is that if you need it, your board will still be there.

Re: image boards… I’m not a user, but I sometimes check the b3ta website and newsletter. It’s kind of a smaller, English version of Something Awful, complete with a dodgy past.